Check Out The Detroit Bar Barristers: Board Meeting October 27
The Barristers is the new lawyers’ section of the Detroit Bar Association. Focused on those in practice 10 years or fewer, the Barristers is a great way for new lawyers to come together with their peers for networking, fun, and the chance to become a leader in the local bar. In addition to joining the Barristers for networking and social activities, join Barristers to participate in the following:
- Law Day – Meant to expose Detroit students to possible futures in law, the Barristers work with local high school students to take part in a unique opportunity where they prepare legal arguments that they present to members of the Third Circuit bench.
- Summer Breeze – This annual event celebrates the outstanding achievements of young attorneys.
- Law student engagement – The Barristers collaborate with local law schools to host education events for law students. In addition to introducing law students to substantive legal conversations, Barristers mentor students and provides opportunities for them to meet attorneys and judges.
The Barristers Board Meeting will be Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 5:45 pm at The Congregation, 9321 Rosa Parks Blvd., Detroit, MI 48206. Join us for coffee and drinks. Please contact Barristers President Essence Patterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Vice President Blake Padget (email@example.com).
Service to the Community, Service to the Bar
The “Barristers” is the new lawyers section of the Detroit Bar. Historically, the Barristers have been the Association’s most active and service-oriented section, with a focus on service to the community and service to the Bar.
The Barristers provide new lawyers with the opportunity to expand their leadership skills, become involved in community service projects, attend educational seminars geared towards their practice area, and participate in fun networking activities designed with new lawyers in mind.
Who Can Become a Member of the Barristers Section?
Attorneys duly licensed to practice in the State of Michigan for ten years or less on the date of the Barristers’ Annual Meeting automatically become members of the Barristers section when they join the Detroit Bar Association. Membership in the Detroit Bar is free to all new attorneys for the first year following admission to the bar.
Also, students of accredited law schools who are members of the Detroit Bar are members of the Barristers section; however, law students are ineligible to hold office or vote.
- Community Service Programs
- Law School Committee
- New Lawyer Admission Ceremony
- School Partnership Program
- Social Committee
2022-2023 Barristers Section Board
President: Essence Patterson, Honigman
Vice President: Blake Padget, Butzel
Treasurer: Jeffrey Turner, BSP Law
Secretary: William Predhomme, Michigan Department of Attorney General
Past President: Morgan Schut, Rocket Central
Jaclyn Culler, Ogletree Deakin
Kaitlyn Elias, Kitch
Kevin McQuillan, Kerr Russell
Eric J. Minch, The Miller Law Firm
Blake Padget, Butzel Long
Lauren Parrottino, Secrest Wardle
William Predhomme, Michigan Department of Attorney General
Rachel Selina, Berry Moorman
Cara Swindlehurst, Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani
Alexandra Welke, Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani
Luke Wolf, Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani
Law Student Liaisons:
Asia Adieh, University of Detroit Mercy Law
Natasha Shlaimon, Wayne State University Law School
Emma Callihan, University of Toledo College of Law
For additional information please contact Essence Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org.