Detroit Bar LawyerTube™
GUIDELINES & FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long should the video be?
Videos should not exceed 2 minutes in length. The most effective videos are generally 2 minutes long.
What should be the subject matter of the Member video?
Members should address some or all of the following questions:
- What are your top areas of expertise within your firm?
- Why should a client retain you for legal assistance?
- What are your firm’s top areas of expertise?
- What distinguishes your firm from others within your area of expertise?
- What have been examples of past accomplishments of your firm?
- Why should a potential client retain your firm for legal assistance?
- Have your or your firm provided pro bono assistance to others?
- How have you or your firm contributed outside the field of the practice of law?
Can I address different questions in the Member video?
Will the format of the video itself be predetermined?
Should I use the teleprompter and script?
This is subject to the discretion of the Member.
When will I be able to see the completed video?
Upon receipt of a draft video from a Member, the video will be reviewed in a timely manner for acceptability or not.
Where will the videos been available and searchable to the public?
Online at a link on the Detroit Bar website https://www.detroitlawyer.org/. When submitting your video, please indicate one or more of the following areas for its location on our website:
- Employment/Civil Rights
- Litigation Generally
- Other Practice Areas
What is the cost to place a video on the Detroit Bar’s website?
The fee shall be annual fee of $175.00 for a duration of one year.
Contact Julie Van Hove at email@example.com.