- Royal Oak, Michigan
Michigan State University College of Law East Lansing, MI
Juris Doctor Graduated – May 2020
GPA – 3.37
Wydział Prawa - Uniwersytet w Białymstoku Białystok, Poland
Comparative Law Institute May 2018 – June 2018
Baylor University Waco, TX
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology Graduated – May 2015
Dean’s List at Michigan State University College of Law from Fall 2018 to Spring 2019
Dean’s List at Baylor University from Spring 2012 to Spring 2015
75% Trustee Scholarship at Michigan State University College of Law
International Law Review – Editorial Board – Articles Editor
Women’s Law Caucus
Latino Law Society
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity – Humphrey Chapter
Themis Bar Review – Student Representative
Vahdat Weisman Law – Associate Attorney Livonia, MI – August 2020 to Present
- Serve both partners of a personal injury firm with cases involving, wrongful death, 1983 actions, criminal law, medical malpractice, provider suits, dog bites, slip and falls, premises liability, no-fault automobile accident, negligence, and auto negligence.
- Assist and train support staff with pre-litigation and litigation processes and procedures.
- Perform client intakes and client interviews to determine case merit and viability, send retainer agreements and explain pre-litigation and litigation process to new clients.
- Assist in pre-litigation process by preparing clients and attending examinations under oath, unrecorded statements, submitting notice of claims, preparing demands, and corresponding with insurance companies.
- Prepare and file various motions and briefs in support, including responses to motions for summary dispositions, motions to dismiss, default judgments, motions to compel, and motions in limine.
- Responsible for drafting complaints for no-fault automobile accident cases, premises liability cases, 1983 actions, wrongful death, and auto negligence actions.
- Conduct all phases of discovery, including responding to interrogatories, requests for production, requests for admission, and preparing clients for and attending depositions.
- Attend motion hearings, settlement conferences,
- Assist with a case load of over 200 cases involving both small sums to multi-million dollar sums.
- Given widespread scope to manage cases, make strategic decisions, and settle cases.
- Draft case evaluation and facilitation summaries, attend case evaluation hearings, and facilitate matters for settlement purposes.
- Conduct legal research regarding evidentiary issues, contractual issues, no-fault automobile issues, and premises liability issues.
White Law PLLC – Law Clerk Okemos, MI – January 2019 to July 2020
- Assist and support attorneys with research for memorandums, orders, briefs in support, and correspondence.
- Draft complaints, memorandums, orders, and briefs in support for both civil and criminal matters.
- Handle and manage over 60 Driver’s License Restoration cases, including assigning tasks and communicating with clients.
- Conduct inquiries with potential clients.
- Participate in in-office meetings with clients and staff regarding legal decisions of action.
- Review Title IX investigative reports and assist with research.
- Participate in and conduct research for highly litigious cases such as the Nassar case and Flint Water case.
- Practice areas included criminal law, family law, Title IX, driver’s license restorations, and civil litigation.
Michigan Attorney General – Legal Intern Lansing, MI – May 2018 to August 2018
Health, Education and Family Services Division
- Wrote a research memo regarding federal Medicaid waivers.
- Successfully completed research projects on topics including First Amendment rights, Contracts, Expunctions, Civil Procedure, Bankruptcy, Class Actions, Medical Malpractice, and Qualified Immunity.
- Performed multiple research and writing tasks simultaneously while still providing quality work and meeting deadlines.
- Drafted summary briefs for oral arguments and participated in drafting motions, responses, and briefs.
- Attended hearings and administrative procedures throughout Michigan.
- Practice areas included administrative law, family law, constitutional law, medical malpractice, civil procedure,
Crowley Independent School District – Substitute Teacher Crowley, TX – September 2016 to June 2017
- Secured long-term substitute position based on ability to adapt to classroom settings and accountability.
- Maintained normal procedures through classroom management and clear instruction.
- Provided necessary evaluations and daily report communications in writing.
- Ensured sustainable relationships between peers, students, and instructors through mediation.
Pier 1 Imports – Sales Lead Waco, TX – July 2015 to August 2016
- Acted as Manager on Duty, performed opening and closing duties.
- Served as a coach to lead team of associates in upholding company standards.
- Offered customers with exemplary and timely service.
- Provided accurate product information.
- Served multiple customers, discovered their needs, and made recommendations to generate sales.
- Enhanced product knowledge utilizing available resources.
- Maintained working knowledge of store’s policies and procedures.
- Built and maintained internal and external customer satisfaction.
ITT Technical Institute – Admissions Representative Waco, TX – September 2015 to April 2016
- Actively recruited potential students through events and online campaigns.
- Became the most successful admissions representative within 4 months of employment.
- Remained accountable by meeting multiple deadlines and reaching quarterly goals.
- Perfected public speaking and individualized presentations for personal student needs and goals.
- Participated in promotional activities.
Law Office of Stan Schweiger – Legal Internship Waco, TX – June 2014 to August 2014
- Researched information and recorded notes for criminal defense cases involving misdemeanors and felonies.
- Wrote correspondence regarding important dates and information for clients.
- Reviewed documents for errors and necessary updates prior to submission.