- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited university and member of the bar in good standing OR;
- BIA/DOJ accredited or relevant experience and willing to become accredited
- Bilingual Preferrer
- Valid Enhanced Driver’s License or passport.
- High comfort level working with torture survivors, survivors of sexual violence/gender-based violence, highly traumatized people, and people suffering from PTSD
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Represent clients at affirmative asylum interviews and defensive court hearings
- Represent clients for adjustment of status, naturalization, and EAD applications, as well as family petitions and consular processing
- Provide for representation, when necessary, of all assigned clients.
- Prepare administrative applications to assist qualified asylum seekers with traveling to Canada under exceptions to the Safe Third Country Agreement
- Develop, review and monitor person-centered care plans in coordination with the social service and site teams.
Pay: $46,000.00 - $47,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
All staff is required to wear masks with clients and be fully vaccinated.
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location