OU COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all Oakland University students, faculty and staff.
Assist the General Counsel in providing legal services to the University on an extensive range of legal matters including without limitation general business, board governance, constitutional law, compliance, governmental immunity, intellectual property, patent, copyright, health care, labor and employment, employee benefits, tax, contracts, academic and policy issues, real estate and construction, charter schools, immigration, privacy and data security, software agreements, planned giving, gifts, endowments, government regulations, charitable gaming, HIPAA, COBRA, FERPA, Clery Act, FMLA, litigation, scientific research, police/criminal law, risk management, liquor license and other assigned areas and duties consistent with the skills, interests and needs of the office.
- J. D. degree from an accredited law school.
- License to practice law in the State of Michigan or immediate eligibility for admission.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a broad range of relevant legal areas.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, conflict resolution, and written and oral communication skills.
- Collegial disposition.
- Familiarity with higher education or public sector law.
- Litigation experience.
- Experience in the practice areas described in the Position Purposes statement below.
Compensation commensurate with education and experience. Oakland University offers an excellent benefit program including a comprehensive medical plan with low contribution amounts for our employees, dental and vision plans at no cost for our employees, generous paid time off plans, a generous University contribution to our 403(b) retirement plan, tuition assistance for our employees and dependents, free access to our Campus Recreation Center and workout facilities, and flexible work schedules and wellness programs. These are current benefit levels subject to future changes.
This is a full-time position.
First consideration will be given to those who apply by January 28, 2022.